Credit hour : 90 credit hours
Duration of study: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Passed SPM / SPMV / O-Level with minimum 3 credits; 1 of which must be from a Science subject.
- Passed Certificate from IPTS approved by Ministry of Higher Education with Standard Minimum; or
- Any qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government; or
- Overseas qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Holistic excellence in education and patient care in areas of Pharmaceutical Sciences by year 2020.
To prepare students with knowledge and skills in meeting the needs of the country in: Pharmaceutical Health-Care Alternative & Modern Medicine Professionalism And with an aptitude for continuing professional development.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To educate and produce Pharmacy Assistants who will be able to work in a wide range of pharmaceutical fields. To provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical experience in areas of Pharmacy Assistant.
- To prepare the students for any future professional conduct in conformity with existing regulations and ethical norms.
- To provide an educational programme that fosters the intellectual, and personnel development of students, facilitates student to achieve their maximum potential and prepares them to responsible careers as Pharmacy Assistant.
- To ensure fitness for practice by offering education that meets the requirements of the statutory and professional bodies and are responsive to the specific needs of national and international standards.
- To provide a supportive, stimulating and demanding educational programme that ensures continuity of learning between theory and practice and promotes lifelong learning.
- To promote highest level of knowledge, understanding and clinical competence using appropriately designed curriculum. Incorporate the skills of self development and research.
After completing this programme, the graduates shall be able to:
- Develop a high sense of commitment for patient-care and in all areas of pharmacy, especially as a Pharmacy Assistant.
- Gather excellent knowledge and skills to apply these aspects while working in different fields of pharmacy.
- Develop a positive attitude in all aspects of health services with sense of responsibility, efficient work and dedication.
- Acquire compassionate, holistic patient-care in all areas of pharmacy.
- Emulate self-directed learning and have a positive approach for continuous professional development. Explain the different areas and scope of pharmacy in Malaysia.
- Explain and differentiate the roles and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Assistant in all areas of working environment.
Pharmacy Assistant may find work in various places like:
- Community or Retail Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Government hospitals
- Health centres /clinics
- Private hospitals
- Private practices
- Universities and Colleges
- National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau